Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Day

Slumber my darling, thy mother is near. Guarding thy dreams from terror and fear. Sunlight
has passed and the twilight has gone, slumber my darling the night's coming on. Sweet visions attend thy sleep. Fondest, dearest to me while others their revel keep, I will watch over thee. Slumber my darling the birds are at rest. Wandering dew by the flowers are caressed. I'll wrap thee up warm, till morn blushing ray, brings to the world glad tidings of day. Fill the dark void with thy dreamy delight, slumber, thy mother will guard the night. Thy pillow shall sacred be, from all outward alarm. Thou art the world to me in thine innocent charm. So slumber my darling,the birds are at rest, wandering dews by the flowers are caressed. Pray that the angels will shield thee from harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment