Monday, February 18, 2013

I am Wayne Webb!

The last three mornings rolled around early 3-4am, two because of work and the final day for running, the marathon run on city streets. The weather was I thought perfect, the run was easy and comfortable, there was no wall, it was all "I will". Unfortunately I have forgotten that races are run in a form that is not comfortable, but on that edge of push and breaking uncomfortable. Who really cares? At the 26.2/13/1 road split I didn't veer to the 13.1 and finish early, I didn't run further on the 26.2 course and DNF and ride the SAG wagon home, Wayne touched my "I can" and it was done, hell I needed a long run. I think there is a growth of WW in all of us, but the point for certain is, it never stopped him from getting to a starting line. It didn't hinder him from walking, being dead last, or even DNFing a lot. That part revolves around focus to the trail ahead, you just keep moving forward as you will forward. Remember the mission, the banquet of the Hare lies ahead, and so please continue.

1 comment: