Sunday, April 14, 2013

Best When Broken

So a few days before Easter, Boodini tried to tell me my right hand was broken. So I waited and this past Friday I got my brace which I will wear for a month. That is a good two weeks plus after the fact. The Doc.  was shocked when the X-rays revealed a spiral break and was convinced I must  need pain meds, no thanks, didn't need it when it happened , don't want it now. The Tuesday after Easter is when my back gave out after vacuuming a flooded office Tues after the killer rain we had. It has been my companion now for all this time. But today after missing Hell's race, and not running till today, it was time to see if running would make it worse. Well so far it hasn't after a seven miler in the hood at a easy test the water pace. Sometimes, and now is one of those times, I must take inventory, slow things down, quit looking at life through the wrong end of the telescope, get a haircut and a shave, get a ticket on the train back to reality, and yes, somehow figure what the heck. It's a time to let go, got my plastic Jesus on the dashboard, foot off the brake, pedal on the gas, and off we go on this lost highway.

2 comments: