Sunday, June 2, 2013

The UnRanch 30K

Boodini doesn't need wear a watch but 2:45 am is not 4 am. But if there is thunder or lightning or a storm that much lee way in time she can predict. So I was going to do the Rogue 30K at the ranch nears inks but with Boodini's gasping,panting, and general gyrating it wasn't going to happen, unless I just totally did something to Cat's cornflakes and left her holding the bag. There would be scratching and general mayhem and I am that guy, who can handle the action. If I get up and sit with her she likely feels less miserable, so that is what we did while I read my favorite crap novel, and it continued well passed my planned departure time. So about 11 am with things batted down tight, I decided to run around the block, well actually and then some, I laid down  18.75mi./ good enough for the 30K I missed, definitely not even close as scenic, but I got to thinking. Someone posted about running somewhere at night, and I thought like why don't you just go outside and do it? Of course, I didn't  post that, but you know I could have saved the dough by just doing my own thing? Picking up my shirt down at the Rogue store was a total cluster  while 30 of us waited for 40mins.for them to get the bibs figured out, I was wondering how badly lost I was going to get on a poorly marked course. So to date I still have done none of their events, maybe I never will, and they probably do a great job, Boodini had other ideas. Think about it though, you have your house for your aid station, coffee, food, ice water, you got it all. Yeah Boy lets plan that 52 day extended transcendental friggin running vacation.

1 comment: