Thursday, August 20, 2015

On the Run

Today wasn't a 100 degrees, and it was like 77. So running the hood wasn't the usual melt down. This weekend is the Leadville 100M, a friend of a friend of a friend is running it. It will be their first 100M. That is always a jolt when you hear someone jumping on out there with the LT100 as a first. Well, they live in Colorado so maybe that takes off some of the mystique. Three of my four attempts turned into 50M's, my first was stopped but it was tough cause I broke my ribs 10 days before the race. Then of course the second try out of the shoot I made it in. It always made me wonder that it wasn't so tough, but you chase cut-offs, and of course going no lower than 9300 ft. up to 13,200 does create a bit of a strain on the lungs, at least for a flatlander. But anyway it's this weekend, and I will be hoping my friend of a friend of a friend "makes it in" as we old ultra runners always say! Leadville! Yes indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment