Sunday, October 25, 2015

Did You Say What

These are hard times we're living in, nobody cuts you any slack. We've got space age components, stone age emotions, and today a man had better watch his back. Everybody's selling something, the baron and the bumpkin, so a man's got to fight for what he's got. If what they're offering you looks too good to be true, bet your bottom dollar that it is. I think I'm smelling a rat! Lady luck's been good to me, and I'm grateful as can be. Never thought this crazy ride would ever last, and though nostalgia is fine, I respectfully decline to spend my future living in the past. I've been carrying my load down this same old rocky trail, everyday getting deeper in a rut, working too much, and a dollar's worth a dime, and everybody wants a bigger cut. You must think I'm blind as a bat, I sure appreciate what you're trying to do for me, but I've been there, done that. B.S. blaring from the radio, the TV, hot wind blowing off The Hill, it's a mystery to me we can't agree to disagree, it's looking like we never ever will. Like a drunkard in the night, swinging left and right, Republican or Democrat, well I ain't got no love for none of the above. I don't think so it's a little too pat, don't tell me to take it easy, what's under your hat, no thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment