Monday, August 21, 2017

Alice

  Bury me softly in this womb, I give this part of me for you, sand rains down and here I sit. Holding rare flowers in a tomb in bloom. Down in hole and I don't know if I can be saved. See my heart I decorate like a grave, oh, you don't understand who they thought I was supposed to be, Look at me now I'm a man who won't let himself be. Down in hole feeling so small, losing my soul. I'd like to fly, but my wings have been so denied. They've put all the stones in their place, I've eaten the sun so my tongue has been burned of the taste. I've been guilty of kicking myself in the teeth, I will speak no more of my feelings beneath.
   Whatsoever I've feared has come to life, whatsoever I've fought off became my life. Just when everyday seemed to greet me with a smile, sunspots have faded and now I'm doing time. Whomever I've cured, I've sickened now, and whomever I've cradled, I've put down. I'm a search light soul they say, but I can't see the night. I'm only faking when I get it right, cause I fell on black days.
   Ain't found a way to kill me yet, eyes burn with stinging sweat. seems every path leads me to nowhere. Wife and kids, household pet, army green was no safe bet, the bullets scream at me from somewhere. They've come to snuff the rooster.

No comments:

Post a Comment