Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Looking Back Looking Forward Boodini

 Time has not flown by, and many circumstances have completely changed. It has been one year, an anniversary of major disruption to what was a journey. Boodini rests on the other side and I am here now. 

It had a been a year since our normal dog Sadie left us, and I had a flyer that a person gave me cause they said I needed a running partner, a dog. After an agreement from the home front, I sent the adoption papers in.  As we sat in the living room going through the prelims, I set the gatorade bottle half filled with kibble and watched as Boodini pawed it over and ate the spilled food. I never felt fear although this was a lethal combination for her and anyone that wanted to get near her possessions. Days before leaving for Hardrock in Colorado, the better half told me that I should know that I couldn't keep this dog. I never spoke a word, and I thought once I hit the road it would all figure itself out. And so it goes. This would prove to be no Normal Dog or a Normal Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment