Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Christmas Carol

Sinking into a bottomless pit of runners despair is no place to be. But it can happen, because you let it get out of hand. Somehow when all seemed lost Boodini comes to save me. Five miles is not a long run when you are looking at 12 times that, but it's all mental. This is Christmas and the focus is waiting on a savior, but that can come in all shapes and sizes. For some it's Hanukah, when I was at the ashram with Sri Satchidananda it was self realization, today it was just being a runner. Boodini and I do believe, no matter what the path of existence.

I was thinking not to post this, but whether looking outside in, or feeling everyone has a crutch, maybe like Tiny Tim, really it's just once this time of year, so here goes:
 When I say I'm a Christian I'm not shouting I'm saved. I'm whispering I get lost, that's why I chose this way.
When I say I'm a Christian I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need someone to be my guide.
When I say I'm a Christian I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and pray for strength to carry on.
When I say I'm a Christian I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting that I've failed and probably cannot get it right on my own.
When I say that I'm a Christian I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of headaches which is why I seek His name.
When I say I'm a Christian I do not wish to judge. I have no authority I only know that I'm loved.


1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, Sam. It's so true. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete