Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Your 64 Today

What's wrong? What's getting you down? Is it something I might have said, your walking around with your head to the ground, and your eyes are all watery red. I know you've been through some rough times, kicked down, thrown to the ground. But you've always been the strong one, so don't tell me that nobody gets you, cause I'm standing in your corner, knocking at your door, you don't have to be alone! We share a bond, You and I we belong, we're like coffee and morning runs, you strip my defenses, I catch your pretenses. The same blood runs through our veins. I swore I'd be your life line, made a vow that I'd surround you with support at every milestone. I'll listen when no one gets you. So just call my name, let me be an answer, cause it hurts me to see you this way. I want to ease your pain, help me understand, let me be your shelter my friend. It was not to long ago, you sought to understand, you helped me mend, remember when? So promise me....

No comments:

Post a Comment