Sunday, January 22, 2017

Through This Fist Style

It was windy as hell, but most of it was a sidewinder, while some was in your face and at your back. Never have run 3M with any training, and this was no different, 5 miles a week average is very pathetic for a half marathon. But somehow this race is a real kick in the pants. They call it the "Downhill to Downtown". Years ago I ran the thing in 1:41, this year 2:13, ouch I know! But if you keep doing the same thing over and over nothing is going to change. There is the One Pin in the Lane now to knock down in the challenge, Austin Marathon. Then you get the jacket. I've got 7 hours, 16 minute miles,  can I do it? Maybe. Got four weeks leading up to Feb. 19th, will I work it with that time or lay around with Boodini, probably the latter. LMAO! Thank you very much! Keep you posted. Now go run with Joy!

2 comments: