Sunday, August 12, 2018

C

Got a message in my mailbox from an old friend I hardly ever see, all it said was you were trying to get a hold of me. I stared down at your number, and I felt passion and I felt fear. I wondered what the Hell you wanted after all the years? Cause there is danger in the embers, and I have only myself to blame, if I get burned when I try to rekindle that old flame.

C: Well I know we ended badly, and I was angry for a very long time. But I've grown some and I wanted you to know that I'm doing just fine. I'm not asking for a replay, I've got no delusions, got no designs. But can I borrow just a little cup of kindness for Auld Lang Syne?

Speak to me plain, tell me the truth. Is it me you really miss, or just your long lost youth?

Yeah there is danger in the embers, and you know nothing, nothing stays the same.
You can get burned when you try to rekindle that old flame.


1 comment: