Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Bad

So I was feeling kinda of exciting cause I thought it was a friends birthday. I had calculated sending a Birthday card so it would arrive precisely on the day. Picking up the phone and getting an answer I go into "Happy Birthday, are you taking the day off?". The words coming back from the other side of the phone was " my birthday was Monday!", silence...wow I'm two days off. I feel sucky now, definite nose dive. The funny thing is I bet the card arrives today, like I planned. It's not the same when you mess up stuff. I could write down the date for next year, but I might not remember where I wrote it down. I could add ten days from mine, and that would be it, but once again, would I remember? What is obviously strange is for the last many years I had the date right till now. Magdalene's feast day is the  22nd, and the day before, his birthday, could be like Fat Tuesday where you have fun. Then on the feast day, it's back to the grind! Now I know I'll mess up again, how would I remember that, oh well, the road to paradise is paved with the best of intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment