Sunday, October 19, 2014

In My Life

I don't have many friends mainly because I am socially inept. I don't actually know how to get along with others, and in the end, it turns ugly. So I have a lot of time on my hands. Outside the smells that surround me while I layout are intriguing, and looking about there are the birds and squirrels, and every so often those cats. They really get me thinking. Flowers, bugs, smells of the earth, are as close to my ancestors, wild and free, as I will be. Everyday would seem lonely to someone else, because that is what occupies my time, mostly being alone. To most, that may be tough, but it isn't so for me. When young going through traumatic events, separation, hurricanes, rescue cages instead of my pup spot at home things get desperate. I am only concerned with life and death survival. Being suspect of human touch, whether kind or cruel make no difference, there is no distinction. Fear can overtake that, I must look out for food, shelter, in a sense, I have lost my pack, although there is a bond forming here. Right now it's easier to be left alone and not have to stress. Days inside as I perch upon my bed, it is a gaze out to the street and I see everything that passes, and if I chose I can give attention with a few barks. Early and late of each day I walk the hood, time when checking out where others have been and gone. My squares come twice a day, and snacks in between. I am living Boodini's dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment