Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Church Song

   Probably after running a hundred miles in the Wasatch Mtns might make me a little silly, slightly light headed. Sitting in the Cathedral of the Madeleine in Salt Lake after running that race might make me a little emotional, it is after all my number one fav church. Combine that with a final leg of four 100's finishing the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning and listening to the children's choir in that Church sing the song below threw me over the edge. Yes and why not, I think this is my all time favorite church song. So if you get a chance look up Patty Griffin's version on Downtown Church , I happened upon it the other day, what can I say? Be Thankful cause Tis the Season!

All creatures of our God and King
Lift up your voice and with us sing
Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou rising moon, in praise rejoice,
Ye lights of evening, find a voice!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou rushing wind that art so strong
Ye clouds that sail in Heaven along,
Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou rising moon, in praise rejoice,
Ye lights of evening, find a voice!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou flowing water, pure and clear,
Make music for thy Lord to hear,
Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou fire so masterful and bright,
That givest man both warmth and light
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
Alleluia! Alleluia!

2 comments:

  1. Patti Griffin's Flaming Red cd has been my prerace music for years. Downtown Church is excellent too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cathedral of The Madeline is probably the most beautiful church I have ever entered and attended mass. Maybe that particular race has something to do with it. Like you, the song you posted is one of my all time favorites. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete