Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Eclipse

As I get Boodini settled for another day on her own as I am off to work, I tell her to make the best of another tough day. It's not storming now, but after a while it probably will and then her trauma begins. When I do return and see the wood shavings on the floor from the door to her room, it's obvious that thunder and lightning had natures effect on this dog's life. The story goes like this, well Boodini it's not so bad, after a short while your eyes will get that milky cloud and your sight will begin to fade. That arthritis in you hips will start to make it tough for you to run anymore, and eventually getting up and down will also give way. Right now you have the energy to move about and   you feel strong. That too will change as your liver begins to have problems processing the protein you eat so most days the best you will do is rest your head on your paws. As you look up you'll wag your nub to acknowledge us around you and let us know that if you could go for the walk as you used to enjoy, you would if you could. Your face already is showing the grey of a dog that has had fun. You learned many things when you were in school, carting, agility, search and rescue. You can almost catch the squirrels in the yard. In a few days you will be nine, that's like 63 in human life. In a little more than a month I will be 63 as well. Seems like at this time we're going through the same things at our age we share. It's not too impossible to see the turn of events as lives begin to fade. But hopefully I will be the one to get you to Rainbow Bridge.

1 comment:

  1. Got a good taste of the life fade this weekend in Ms after 10yrs with no visit. I saw it in them and I'm sure they saw it in me too.

    ReplyDelete