Sunday, May 4, 2014

Opening Door

It started out cool and slowing got warm as the sun radiated off the granite domes at Reveille, the same twists and turns like Ink's Lake. This was a chance to get in a few miles, 26.2. Now that it is done the door to running swings open and if staying power is present the summer could be productive. Till now Hoka had been the go shoe, but I stepped into the Altra Olympus for the entirety and came home without my toes rubbed raw or blistered, and it looks like for me anyway this will be the ultra shoe now. They have great cushion, good traction on a course that creates a lot of diversity, and with time I will get used to the low heel. I mentioned this to the woman of the house by mistake and got the comment " well good, with the fifty other shoes you have, now you have one you run in". I should have seen this coming, after DNFing. Leadville one year and she had been to the pre race meeting the year I finished it and she remembered the Rd's Ken Choulber's pep talk, her reply for my DNF was " I guess you didn't Dig Deep enough". Ouch! This am Boodini pushed me through sore legs for her 4.5 short quicky. That leaves a good start to May's mileage. Let the Heat begin!

1 comment: