Monday, February 10, 2014

Close and Calling

Boodini is loosing that winter coat, she knows that the coldest of the cold is finally over. It may not seem so but there has been enough whining and dragging one's feet complaining. It has folks on edge,  not knowing if they could stay or go with the ice, the howling wind, and just a whole lot of nothing. So far every winter race of any significance has had very fair weather, except the one that counted and it got cancelled for what will probably be lousy weather anyway. Weather or whether , who knows, who cares. Boodini hates putting on her winter jacket, to her it is so wrong. If given the chance she would bite the hell out of me, I can see her contemplating evil when I go to put it on her. But I guess she tolerates it, cause it gives her a ticket to ride. A chance to sniff the essence of the hood. Yesterday she ran like a champ, five miles is nothing once she slips into her zone. Hopefully come Sunday  any zip in the legs will return as we knock off a marathon on the streets of Austin. 3:55 gets me to Boston, guess I 'll be going to Hutto instead.

1 comment: