Monday, February 24, 2014

It's Time at Last

When things got shut down in December, it wasn't fun. Hiding on the down low for the last two months was tough, in some ways it was breaking code law for an ultra runner to postpone the race due to some cold conditions. But it affected other folks, and it just wasn't about the fearless. After I was sure that Kyle was handling the timing for the race, there was nothing else to wonder this morning. I got an email from Mike R. asking me if it was still on, right before I was sure, but responded thinking hell yes. The first year Shan, Doug, and I counted laps, very old school. Now it's chip timed, and we go do other stuff. There is no way we do not have the race, even if there is lightning, well that might delay stuff, but people have been patient enough, and damn nice about it. We don't have a reputation that isn't already soiled, but we still need to get this done. Less than thirty days. All night party, wish I was a drinker, well, probably not. March 22nd. will be a lot different weather than Dec. 7th. Better get plenty of ice, coffin style. I might get happy about the food menu, most things are already done, since we left off a few days before we were supposed to gel. It's a small crowd after the dogs and 5Kers are done. Then it's just a big circle jerk. With some really fabulous folks. Here it comes, ready and waiting!

1 comment:

  1. Beavis and I are excited. I'm trying to recruit new peeps.
    Tell ankle biter to be nice ;)

    ReplyDelete