Sunday, February 16, 2014

Marathoning

For one thing Irish had a great outing, yes that is one tough runner. What I liked most about it today was the final 9 miles to the finish, I felt great. I certainly wasn't blazing it up on the pace, but it was just a solid good feeling. Almost like a hero who just got his medal, you have to be a runner I guess to latch on to that feeling. Every so often it just seems happy to be in that zone. The yell of cheer I did hear but couldn't place was Jeff passing by on 1st street, I looked and knew it came from a passing car, I just didn't know who. Thanks my friend. Did I tell you he has plans for next year? That's right he wants us to do the marathon double, 52.4 miles. That is a worthy challenge and to get that done, which I know is possible will take only thing. That's right, solid training, and that is a factor this old dog has not been doing. However in the last 47 days, from three races alone I have accumulated 148 miles, which isn't any big deal either, but it's a good base. In two weeks I hope to run Nueces 50m, it's a worthy effort on a great trail. It was a good time getting lowdown in the streets. Irish and Sammy got it done!

2 comments:

  1. Another one in the books, Sam. Congrats. You have definitely put down some miles in the past several weeks. I like the double idea for next year.

    ReplyDelete